***US FCC License Test***

There are US FCC license tests administered here in Seoul, Korea. They are held once a year at KARL building in Seoul. Please contact HL1IWD at kops02@hanmail.net, 010-8827-7359(phone) or HL1/WX8C, hgrudolphs@yahoo.com for schedule. Anyone with any nationality can take this test. Once you get a US license or any country's license, you may apply for a Korean permit. Many Koreans take this test because US does not have reciprocal treaty with Korea. On the other hand we accept all nation's ham license and issue permits regardless of reciprocal treaty.

FCC license tests are also held a few times per year by HL9 group in a US base in Seoul. Please contact Dave Adams k4da@hotmail.com for schedule.



***HL9 Call sign***

HL9 prefix is assigned to US military and government persons in Korea according to SOFA treaty between Korea and US. If you are a US citizen and planning to come to Korea, you may be qualified to get a HL9 call sign. HL9 call signs are issued by US military and please contact   SSG Kenneth Wells, at DSN 722-0806 to inquire about this call sign. There is no fee to apply for HL9 call sign while applying for a Korean permit costs $45US + inspection fee if required. Inspection fee is about $10 per radio.

 Here is a link to the USFK Regulation regarding HL9 operations and licensing: